Join Our Events
Come and join us at any or all of the events we have...
In Conversation with Darren Cahill...
Some more details about Darren's Career to date...
Tennis Analyst – ESPN Broadcasting - 2007 to present
Role as Tennis Analyst and an integral member of the ESPN Tennis Commentary Team. ESPN is known as the Grand Slam network as it covers the Majors along with a select amount of tournaments around the world.
• All forms of broadcast responsibilities including match analysis, acting as a play-by-play commentator, interviewer, touch-screen analyst and courtside reporter
• Participate in the creative development of broadcasts including the features department
• Establish and maintain relationships with media, players, coaches and tournament officials
Career highlight: Nominated several times alongside Chris Fowler as one of the best broadcast combinations in any sport in the United States by Sports Illustrated. Also nominated in the category as “Best Sideline Reporter” in any sport by Sports Illustrated.
Tennis Coach - Simona Halep – 2015 to present
Began consulting with Simona through the Adidas PDP in March 2015 and took over fulltime coaching responsibilities later that year. In January 2016, became Simona’s official full-time coach with the dissolving of the Adidas PDP program and oversees all aspects of Team Halep from coaching, schedule, training, diet and match day responsibilities, including WTA on-court coaching. Coaching highlights with Simona Halep:
• Finished 2015 with a year-end ranking #2
• Finished 2016 with a year-end ranking #4
• Finished 2017 with a year-end ranking #1
• Finished 2018 with a year-end ranking #1
• French Open Champion 2018
• Wimbledon Champion 2019
Simona became the 1st ever Romanian female player to be ranked #1 in October 2017 on the back of an outstanding 2017 season winning the WTA Race for Singapore points tally. She became just the 25th woman to hold the WTA #1 ranking in the open era.
Simona won the WTA Race for Singapore in 2018 and was voted WTA & ITF Player of Year.
Simona became only the 3rd Romanian to win a Grand Slam title with her Roland Garros victory in 2018 after Ilie Nastse and Virginia Rucizi.
Tennis Coach - Andre Agassi – 2002 to 2006
At 32 years of age and struggling to overcome a wrist injury, Andre decided it was time for a change of coach after a successful partnership with Brad Gilbert. The initial 6-week trial turned into a full time coaching job lasting 5 years.
Coaching highlights with Andre Agassi:
• In 2002, Andre won 5 events including 3 Masters 1000 tournaments and finished the year as the #2 player in the world after missing the Australian Open due to injury.
• In 2003, Andre won the Australian Open. After victories in San Jose, Miami and Houston to begin the year he found himself back at the top of the rankings to become the oldest ever-male player to be ranked #1.
• Andre would remain in the top 10 through to the end of his career including a finals loss to Roger Federer in the 2005 US Open at 35 years of age.
• Heavily involved in supporting his charitable foundation and families remain close friends to this day.
Tennis Coach - Lleyton Hewitt – 1993 – 2001
Commenced working with Lleyton on a part-time basis when he was just 12 years of age and he showed tremendous potential. In late 1998 became Lleyton’s full time travelling coach and at 18 years of age, was already hovering near the top 100 in the rankings on the ATP Tour.
Coaching Highlights with Lleyton Hewitt:
• In 1999 he finished the year ranked #22, in 2000 he ranked #6 and in 2001 he ranked #1.
• In 2000, Lleyton won the US Open Doubles Title with Max Mirnyi.
Lleyton became the youngest ever-male player to hold the #1 ranking on the back of winning the US Open Singles Title and the Year End World Tour Finals in 2001. He was just 20 years of age.
PROFESSIONAL TENNIS PLAYER – 1985 to 1991
• Winner 2 ATP Singles Titles, Highest singles ranking 22
• Winner 13 ATP Doubles Titles, Highest doubles ranking 10
• US Open Singles Semifinalist - 1988
• Wimbledon Mixed Doubles Finalist – 1987
• Australian Open Doubles Finalist - 1989
• Australian Davis Cup Player 1988-91
• Australian Male Tennis Player of the Year 1988
• Represented Australia at the Seoul Olympics 1988
• Australian Davis Cup Coach 2007-2008
• Tennis Australia Player Development Board Member 2006-2008
• Australian Coach of the Year – 2001
• Australian Captain of World Team Cup Team 2001 – Germany (Champions)
• Australian Captain World Youth Cup 1996 – Switzerland (Finalists)
• Current Ambassador for the Port Adelaide Football Club – AFL
• The full-time coach to 3 tennis players (Lleyton Hewitt, Andre Agassi & Simona Halep) and successfully helped each player rise to the #1 ranking in the world and to Grand Slam victories
• Lleyton Hewitt was the ATP year-end ranked #1 player in 2001
• Simona Halep was the WTA year-end ranked #1 player in 2017 and 2018
• Tennis Australia Coach of the Year - 2018
• Co-Founder and director of the World Tennis Challenge in Adelaide
APPOINTED TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AT THE PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
• Elected by the AFL to the PAFC board in 2018
Join us at 1pm by going to the following link…
Meeting ID: 603 172 155 Password: 033653
Some hints are in the handy “etiquette”document.
See you online at 1pm.
Don't forget to give to the Virtual Community Bowl this week by clicking on... Community Projects Appeal